Magnets offer a secure way to suspend from the ceiling
Magnet fixings are perfect for shop and display systems where the ceiling has steel panels or grids which are receptive to magnets.
- Magnetic ceiling hooks remain popular in retail and industrial situations - they are also widely used in schools and offices which have suspended ceilings supported by metal grids to which magnetic hooks attach conveniently.
- Hanging hooks can be adjusted in height without reaching up to the roof, so they are ideal for high ceiling hanging. Magnetic ceiling hooks are used for hanging point of sale material and signs, as well as decorations etc.
- Most roof trusses and purlins are made from steel and the magnets will attach securely provided there is an adequate flat area. Magnets present a good sign hanging solution in sheds (box stores) or in industrial buildings.
- We also offer simple magnetic fittings for hanging lightweight POS materials.
- Magnetic hangers are convenient to use and easy to move leaving no marks, screw holes or adhesive residue on the ceiling.
How to check if your ceiling is receptive to magnets:
- Test with a fridge magnet or a magnetic name badge (or any type of magnet) to see if your metal surface is steel and therefore receptive to magnetic hooks and magnetic ceiling fixings.
- If the metal is painted it is hard to tell whether it is steel, to which magnet hooks will attach successfully, or aluminium to which magnets won't stick.
- Stainless steel will also need to be assessed as some grades are reasonably magnetic while others are not.
- Check before ordering magnetic hangers and read our guidance on the weight magnetic fittings will safely support in various situations.
- Suspended items falling from the ceiling can represent a significant hazard so we always recommend a substantial margin of safety is applied when selecting magnet hardware for ceiling hanging applications.