Large format paper and media for printers – suitable for use outdoors
Retailers both large and small have opted to take their printing up to larger sizes of POS and have entered the world of Large Format Printing. Green Magic have over 20 years experience actively promoting Epson large format printers for garden centres and similar businesses as they produce great fade-free results and use waterproof pigment inks. The print quality is superb and on the right material outdoor prints can look good for months.
Buying a new point of sale printer?
There are many printers available in the mid range large format market and prices can be very reasonable - for around £2000 you will be able to get an entry level A1 poster printer that can produce good POS prints for indoors with potential for short term outdoor use - i.e. a few months if the printer uses pigment inks. At Green Magic we specialise in consumables for such printers.
- 24" or A1 printers can print 610mm wide and a banner about 2 metres long, enough for most situations.
- 44" or A0 printers add impact to buildings with high roof spaces, just because its a 44" printer doesn't mean you have to use 44" paper rolls ! Use the economical 610mm or 24" paper rolls for your everyday printing needs and switch it up for when you need those big impact messages and promotions.
Media rolls for 17", 24" and 42" pigment ink aqueous printers
Our Magic Media range of wide format roll media has been selected for use with Epson Stylus (UltraChrome pigment ink) Pro Series large format printers and other aqueous pigment inkjet printers, is suitable for use with outdoor media. It is available in the following sizes:
- 17” (420mm) wide – suitable for use with Epson 4000 or similar.
- 24” (610mm) wide – suitable for use with Epson range this implies an Epson 7600, 7800, 7880 or 7700 printer and the current Epson SureColor SC-T pigment ink printers.
- 42” (1067mm) wide – suitable for use with Epson 9600, 9800, 9880 or 9700 printer and Epson SureColor SC-T7000 pigment ink printers.
Buying Epson large format printer inks
Epson Stylus Pro inkjet inks
This series of printers are professional machines - each cartridge has an onboard chip that tells the printer how much ink is left and also which position the cartridge must sit in the printer.
There are two ways of checking which ink you require. First you can check on top of the printer case it will have a label telling you what kind of printer you have i.e. Epson Stylus Pro 9880. Each cartridge also has its own number printed on the side. For example for the Matte black 200ml cart it will say T6128. We recommend that high volume users purchase the 220 ml cartridges (or larger) as they offer better value for money.
We only sell genuine Epson inks.
Epson Ultrachrome K3 HDR inks
Epson UltraChrome Inks are pigmented inks with high pigment density, resin coating for more stability, an even surface and gloss, high stability on a wide variety of media including fine art, speciality and plain paper.
- Excellent short term stability outdoors. On the correct media you can expect 6 months poster life outdoors in full sun.
- Epson UltraChrome Ink can deliver twice the density of our conventional pigment ink. As a result, it reproduces a larger gamut of colour and deeper blacks.
- Superb water resistance.
For more help, please call us to discuss your requirements.